Hard to believe it’s only been a month since we came out with a BAM! I am humbled to give you a peek into some of the exciting developments coming soon for Binance.US.
Binance.US will bring the unmatched trading technology platform of Binance to the United States. Over the past few months, the team has been heads down, focused on developing for you a tailor-made platform to access cryptocurrencies in the United States. Binance.US aims to be your gateway to the crypto world, and I stand by our values that we are welcoming all of you to an inclusive ecosystem that is built to suit both new and experienced traders alike.
Here at Binance.US, we believe blockchains are more than cryptocurrencies and tokens. Just as few could have foreseen the rise of social media when the Internet emerged decades ago, the most revolutionary digital assets built upon distributed ledgers are likely yet to be conceptualized. It is with this vision in mind that Binance.US strives to be a reliable and efficient marketplace for a rich selection of high-quality digital assets, so that our users can be part of the open and competitive market that discovers projects with true utility.
Binance.US recognizes that the ease of issuing blockchain tokens and the perceived lack of regulation could make these tokens targets for abuse. Binance.US has both legal obligations and moral duties to shield our users from fraudulent blockchain projects and combat financial crimes.
As such, Binance.US has adopted a Digital Asset Risk Assessment Framework to help select bona fide blockchain projects with a real chance of making the world more efficient, to provide transparency in our listing standards, and to ensure Binance.US’s compliance with applicable legal requirements. This framework, among other things, examines five areas of each candidate asset:
- Whether trading the candidate asset will affect Binance.US’s ability to comply with applicable legal requirements, including, without limitation, US AML/CFT and securities laws and their implementing regulations;
- Whether the candidate asset’s core team has a clear strategy to solve a real problem and make the world a more efficient place;
- Whether the candidate asset’s community has a record of reaching compromises and consensuses to move the project forward, and how well the asset’s core team interacts with the asset’s community members;
- Whether the candidate asset’s market supply and demand are reasonably fair and likely to meet Binance.US’s quantitative standards; and
- Whether the candidate asset is technologically secure to transact and/or realistic to build.
Today, we are happy to announce that the following digital assets are being evaluated under this framework for listing on the Binance.US marketplace:
Tokens we are examining to ensure they meet our listing criteria for Binance.US: ADA, ATOM, BAT, BCHABC, BNB, BTC, DASH, EOS, ETC, ETH, HOT, IOTA, LINK, LOOM, LTC, MANA, NANO, NEO, PAX, REP, RVN, TUSD, USDC, USDT, VET, WAVES, XLM, XRP, ZIL, ZRX.
The team and I are eager to share more on what’s ahead for this exciting journey together. We are grateful for your enthusiasm and feedback, which are crucial in this early development.
Thank you for your patience, continued support, and for inspiring us every day. Can’t wait to have you join Binance.US.
Together, we can Exchange the World.
– C. Coley