|Product Name||Huobi Cryptocurrency Exchange|
|Cryptocurrencies||BTC, ETH, HT, LTC, PAI, BCH, XRP, DASH, IOST, EOS, TRX, ETC, OCN, ONT, ELF, ABT, CMT, ELA, & 78+ more|
- Available on Windows and Mac operating systems as well as through iOS and Android trading apps
- Access to a wide range of digital coins and tokens
- 24/7/365 customer service
- Pre-trade education programs for new users
- Competitive fees
- Established in 2013
- Has previously been accused of falsifying trading volumes
Andrew Munro is the global cryptocurrency editor at Finder. After previously writing about insurance and other areas, he now covers the latest developments in digital assets and blockchain and works on Finder’s comprehensive range of guides to help people understand cryptocurrency.
Disclaimer: This information should not be interpreted as an endorsement of cryptocurrency or any specific
provider, service or offering. It is not a recommendation to trade.
Learn more about:
Huobi Global vs. Huobi
Huobi Global is not available to US customers, but can be accessed by residents of other countries around the world.
US residents can instead use the US subsidiary, HBUS, available at Huobi.com.
Which fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies:
- Supported cryptocurrencies:
Approximately 97 cryptocurrencies
Supported cryptocurrencies include:
Which payment methods are accepted?
What’s it like to use Huobi Global?
1. Home page
Sign into Huobi Global to find a range of information at your fingertips.
Search the markets for your desired cryptocurrencies, and how much leverage Huobi offers offers for each.
3. Trading dashboard
Find open orders, prices, depth charts and other market information on your trading dashboard.
4. Huobi Coinbook
Access updates, new listings and other information through the Huobi Coinbook section.
5. Fiat trading
Place buy or sell orders on the Huobi fiat market to buy and sell BTC, ETH, USDT and more with a wide range of different fiat currencies.
Fees and limits
Platform trading fees
The base crypto to crypto trade fee is 0.2% for all pairs. This can be reduced through high trading volumes.
|0 to 5 million||0.2%||0.2%|
|5 to 10 million||0.04%||0.060%|
|10 to 15 million||0.035%||0.055%|
|15 to 25 million||0.030%||0.055%|
|25 to 35 million||0.030%||0.045%|
|35 to 70 million||0.025%||0.040%|
|70 to 150 million||0.025%||0.035%|
|150 to 300 million||0.025%||0.030%|
The rate for fiat to crypto trades depends on whether you are placing an order (maker) or are taking an existing order (taker) and the currencies you’re trading.
|CNY – BTC/ETH||0.0%||0%|
|CNY – USDT/HUSD||0.0%||0%|
|CNY – EOS/HT/XRP, LTC||0.2%||0%|
|All other trades||0.7%||0%|
Deposit and withdrawal fees
Network fees apply to cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals, while fiat currency fees will vary depending on the payment method and the currencies.
The withdrawal limits will similarly vary depending on the currency or cryptocurrency being withdrawn and whether or not you’re a verified user.
You can find your limits on the withdraw screen when you are logged in.
How fast will my funds be available?
The number of confirmations required for deposits varies depending on the cryptocurrency. It will typically take a few minutes.
The number of confirmations required for cryptocurrency withdrawals varies, but it will typically take more confirmations than deposits.
Is Huobi Global safe to use?
- Regulation. Huobi Global is incorporated in the Seychelles and may not be legal or regulated in your jurisdiction. If you use Huobi, you are responsible for ensuring you are complying with any relevant laws and regulations of your jurisdiction.
- Verification process. Huobi Global does not require verification for all users, but reserves the right to request the information needed to verify any customers in line with its AML/KYC obligations. Verification is required for higher withdrawal limits.
- Security features. Huobi Global has been in operation since 2013 and it says it follows industry best practices such as keeping ~98% of user funds in cold storage at any given time. It claims to have an “investor protection fund” which can be used to reimburse affected users in the event of a hack.
How do I create an account at Huobi Global?
To create an account at Huobi Global, go to the website and click “Sign up” at the top right of the screen.
You will be prompted to enter some details.
The next step is to enter your details, including nationality, your choice of password, and either your email address or phone number.
You will receive a message to the specified phone number or email address. Follow the prompts in that message to finish signing up.
What else do I need to know about Huobi Global?
Huobi Global has been in operation since 2013. It was formerly based in China but has moved around the world as regulations change in different locations.
It’s currently incorporated in the Seychelles.
In a nutshell
- Wide selection. Huobi Global offers a wide range of coins.
- Good liquidity. As a large and well-known exchange, Huobi Global has deeper liquidity than many other exchanges.
- Feature-filled. Huobi Global offers a range of features such as margin trading, fiat currency order books and more.
- Loosely regulated. Trading on Huobi Global is done largely at your own risk.
- Not ideal for beginners. The wide range of features and limited regulatory protections mean Huobi Global may not be an ideal choice for beginners.
Compare Huobi against other exchanges
Frequently asked questions
Huobi Global is an international exchange, but does not allow users from the United States and may bar residents of other countries as well.
Yes. You can download the app for iOS or Android.
Verification is not required to sign up on Huobi Global but is required to access higher withdrawal limits.
You can contact Huobi Global customer service via the details provided in the help center. However, some users report encountering language barriers when contacting Huobi customer service.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly
volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of
future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information.
You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory
requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators’ websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may
have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.